Octave - Register mangOH Yellow?

The mangOH Yellow is running, and I have managed to log-in to Octave, but The ICCID and IMEI are not shown:

Is that correct?

The ‘Getting Started’ guide says that I should enter these - but I can’t see where!

Yes, I have disabled the LEDs, etc, demo on the mangOH - do I need to restart it, or anything else…?

just restart the board …u dont see anything on Octave?

The ‘Recent Events’ is empty - even after a couple of hours.

Is this just because ‘Observations’ is empty?

can u show me the resource section?

I have restarted the board.

I still don’t see ICCID or IMEI, and ‘Recent Events’ remains blank.

On the Resources page I can turn the buzzer on & off & control the LEDs, and these show up as ‘Recent Device Changes’ on the Details page.

There appears to be a problem on the I2C bus:

dunno if that’s significant?

Is there a particular part of the Resources page you want?

show me the whole page please…
does the unit show connected ?
It seems like it was connected 11 minutes ago.

it is however odd that your unit doesnt show IMEI/ICCID as it shows for my unit.

Where would it show connected?

The ‘Last seen’ is cycling through:

1. in less than 5 seconds
  2. less than 5 seconds ago
  3. less than 10 seconds ago
  4. less than 20 seconds ago
  5. half a minute ago
  6. less than a minute ago

Whole Resources page:

Firmware version is reported as 1.0

1.0.13 is shown as available in Octave

Should I update ?

Hmmm … just noticed that all those other versions have _red_ in the name.

Does that mean they’re (just) for mangOH Red ?

Those firmware you see are only for red. Dont update with those you will brick the unit.
We will be releasing mangOH yellow leaf packages shortly so you can start doing development.

OK - great.

So, for now, I am able to send commands to the Yellow - to control LEDs & buzzer - but don’t seem to be getting anything from it.

It is still saying, “No blueprint deployed yet” - is having a blueprint essential ?

The Octave documentation isn’t too helpful as it’s focused only on the Red, and does not quite reflect what the interface actually looks like now.

I notice that the date & time is wrong:

root@swi-mdm9x28-wp:~# date
Wed Aug 19 10:51:54 -07 1981
root@swi-mdm9x28-wp:~#

Although the RTC seems correct

root@swi-mdm9x28-wp:~# cm rtc
03 Oct 2019 16:57:21
root@swi-mdm9x28-wp:~#

After /sbin/logread -F I see a lot of

swi-mdm9x28-wp user.warn Legato: -WRN- | cloudInterface[1481]/cloudcomp T=main | push.c PushAckCallBack() 143 | PERSISTED Failed to remove config/persisted-store.cbor

I also noticed

swi-mdm9x28-wp user.info Legato:  INFO | modemDaemon[1505]/modemDaemon T=main | le_sim.c EventTimerHandler() 1195 | Disabling last ICCID change forwarding

I see this every minute:

swi-mdm9x28-wp user.info Legato:  INFO | util[1513]/util T=main | signal.c Sample() 32 | RAT of signal metrics is 1
swi-mdm9x28-wp user.info Legato:  INFO | util[1513]/util T=main | signal.c Sample() 42 | GSM metrics rxLevel.-90dBm, er.-1
swi-mdm9x28-wp user.info Legato:  INFO | util[1513]/util T=main | signal.c Sample() 47 | {"rat":"GSM","rxLevel":-90,"er":-1}
swi-mdm9x28-wp user.info Legato:  INFO | avcDaemon[1461]/avcDaemon T=main | coap.c le_coap_Push() 478 | Push: CoAP POST from device
swi-mdm9x28-wp user.info Legato:  INFO | util[1513]/util T=main | signal.c Sample() 32 | RAT of signal metrics is 1
swi-mdm9x28-wp user.info Legato:  INFO | util[1513]/util T=main | signal.c Sample() 42 | GSM metrics rxLevel.-90dBm, er.-1
swi-mdm9x28-wp user.info Legato:  INFO | util[1513]/util T=main | signal.c Sample() 47 | {"rat":"GSM","rxLevel":-90,"er":-1}
swi-mdm9x28-wp user.warn Legato: -WRN- | cloudInterface[1481]/cloudcomp T=main | push.c PushAckCallBack() 143 | PERSISTED Failed to remove config/persisted-store.cbor
swi-mdm9x28-wp user.info Legato:  INFO | cloudInterface[1481]/cloudcomp T=main | devmode.c timerDevModeHandler() 113 | Dev heartbeat

presumably that’s the contact up to Octave?

Oooh look - the Serial number, ICCID, and IMEI have now appeared!

No idea what triggered that!

:woozy_face:

Hello,

I can also confirm from my side a similar behaviour.
I can control some functions, but no activity gets registered in “Recent Events”.
The serial information appeared right from the beginning.
We are also able to activate and read the information from various sensors (see image).
We are now testing if we can get a GPS fix using one of the antennas from a “red” kit.

No - I don’t even get that.

I’ve started a separate thread, as I think we’re now beyond the initial question of registering: