Here are the sequence of steps I followed to get the WiFi working.
- Download and upload the Release 9 firmware in to mangOH Red (Instructions as per the Getting Started Guide)
- Download and setup the latest VM (Legato 18.07.0)
- Copy the following files to Windows from VM directory /home/mangoh/MediaTek_LinkIt_SDK_V4.3.0_public/out/linkit7697_hdk/MT7697_WiFi_BT_fw
- Install the Mediatek firmware upload tool on Windows
- Select the DIP switches 1,2,3,5,6,8 up and reset the board. (You should have the console port cable connected to the PC and after reboot, check if you see 'CCCCCC…" on the monitor…I used Tera Term/Termite program with 115200 baud on this comport). Once you confirm, close the terminal program.
- Run the firmware upload UI tool and select the flash_download.ini (select the check boxes against the 3 files it shows) . Select the comport and leave the baud rate to default. Upload/flash now.
- When done, change the dip switch to 1,3,5,8
- Reboot the device.
- Follow the updated instructions on the Wiki to get mangOH 18.07.0 and build the firmware. (Start from Patch Legato section). For patching you can use the commands given in comment 37 of this post.
- When done, run the commands give in this post comment 37.
Ideally, you should be able to see the WiFi up and running.
Let me know how it goes.