Larger Rootfs Size

Hi All,

I needed larger rootfs size, So I built by changed the UBI_ROOTFS_SIZE variable to the desired size. The build also succeeded and installed after changing the rootfs size on WP8548 with the procedure from this post

It works fine in WP8548. I followed the same procedure and flashed the image on WP7502. But it keeps on resetting. Could someone please suggest what is the thing I should check for?

Thanks,
Hari.

Hi haribabutd, could you please post WP7502 console boot log. If you are able to switch to original image, could you please post this console boot log as well?

Thanks,
Capri

Hi Capri,

I will post the console boot logs shortly.

Thanks,
Hari.

Hi Capri,

PFA console messages at boot with original image on wp7502.

Also find one more file which shows the messages before wp7502 goes to reset with original image.(happens rarely)

Thanks,
Hari.

console boot logs.txt (31.0 KB)device_goes_to_reset_with_original_image_rarley_after_these_messages.txt (1.6 KB)

Hi Hari,

Have you used any of the AT commands to resize/repartition flash? In general, this is low level operation, and you can easily brick your board by doing it. I can see that modem side software (DSP) is crashing on your board.

Thanks,
Capri

Yes Capri. I used AT!APPPARTCHG command to resize partition. Can you suggest a solution for higher partition size without crashing dsp?

Thanks,
Hari.