Details on usage of mkcomp

Hi All,

How to use mkcomp tool to cross compile libraries based on GNU autotools? What are the definition files required for compilation?

Maybe take a look at how paho is built as part of MqttClient.

Thanks for the details. I need values of Makefile variables to compile for WP platform to cross compile 3rd party libraries. I tried but couldn’t succeed. Do you have any info about it?

Regards,
Hari.

Hi @dfrey

I have 3rd party libraries to compile which depends on glib. So I worked on to cross compile glib in first place. Got the below error in the configuration step

$ ./configure --host=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi
checking for growing stack pointer… configure: error: in `/home/ret/cross_compile/glib-2.50.3’:
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling

I have exported the compiler path to the environment. How to solve this config error?
Attached is the config log.

config.log.host_only (131.2 KB)

I believe glib is already part of the toolchain and target image so I don’t think you should have to build it unless you depend on things that are newer than the version of glib that’s installed.

Can you say what library it is that you’re trying to build?

The ELF of toolchain’s glib shows the build system properties. Correct me if I am wrong.
ret@ret-Vostro-3445:/opt/swi/y17-ext/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib$ file libglib-2.0.so.0.4000.0
libglib-2.0.so.0.4000.0: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, BuildID[sha1]=3fd68981367fb2826027891098cc1fc1f4f3cae0, stripped

I am working on to build OpenWebRTC libraries.