• 18.06.1 couldn’t find file ‘io.api’
  • 18.06.3 couldn’t find file ‘io.api’
  • 18.07.0 test.c: No such file or directory
  • 18.08.0 test.c: No such file or directory
  • 18.09.0 test.c & fa_test.c: No such file or directory
  • 18.10.2 test.c & fa_test.c: No such file or directory
  • 18.10.3 builds to completion - but intermittent Modem Fault

All firmware, source and tools from:
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/wp77xx/wp77xx-firmware-latest-release-components/

Release 9.1 Components

WP77xx Firmware Release 9.1 combined image

There appears to be a mismatch with the latest mangOH sources and the listed sources and tools for this release.

0 Likes

The latest mangoh release follows the latest Legato release.
If you want to use the latest mango, you may need to use the latest Legato.

cd ~
mkdir legato_framework
cd legato_framework
repo init -u git://github.com/legatoproject/manifest -m default.xml
repo sync

or if you want to use a specific repo, replace with:
repo init -u git://github.com/legatoproject/manifest -m legato/releases/18.03.0/legato.xml

1 Like

Thanks Shane.
I’ve learned two things today, 1) you have to use the latest since mangOH is always the updated/latest. and 2) there is an instability (Ryan Kirk) in the current WP77XX platform that renders all my gyrations moot.

0 Likes

I have been using the WP7700 for a while now. I am getting my best stability using stock everything with no Mangoh apps. In my application I am not utilizing any of the Mangoh sensors, so it isn’t an issue for me.

That may not help you at all though!

0 Likes

My primary objective is to exercise this platform with a slew of sensors - far more than the initial built in variety. Out of curiosity, what’s the application for a mangOH w/o any sensors?

…as always appreciate your input.

0 Likes

We already have a network of sensors that communicate over a lower power mesh network. The Mangoh is operating as an IoT gateway.

I would ultimately like to use the WP7700 directly in some of our products. My experience with it has been off-putting so far, but the more I learn the better it gets.

0 Likes

Hmmmm… I’m just dipping my toes into these waters. A bit choppy like many - but we’ll see how it goes once I get under sail.

0 Likes

Hi, I am working with the wp7702 but maybe it helps.

I agree, I did the same. Another option is to setup a second profile, say for example wp77dev and to select it using leaf select. This way you can switch back to the stable one any time.

@mpetersen Indeed. I had to install swi.wp77_1.7.10 from the CLI as this was not available from Developer Studio either. I am working with the wp7702 and not the wp7700 but maybe this helps you move forward.

@shib I agree. I think is difficult to say how much we have to learn, as every one of us has different knowledge and experience. However so far I have to say that reading the forums, testing assumptions, googling and reseting the mangOH a few times I have learnt a lot and also moved forward.

1 Like